The SciCord ELN feature set is designed to quickly propel your organization into the digital age.
The core features listed below are provided out of the box and include a full documentation package:
- SciCord ELN is designed for laboratory and manufacture compliance. Improve your compliance using validated formulas to eliminate calculation errors.
- Defined lists to assure adherence to SOPs.
- Automatic entry verification to flag potential Out-Of-Specification situations.
- Restrictions to avoid use of expired solutions or assure use of equipment by trained individuals.
- Intelligent scans alert reviewers of potential issues with precision, unstable balance, uncalibrated equipment, un-validated process.
- Fully compliant with CFR 21 Part11 including electronic signatures and audit trails.
- Instruments with RS232 or IP output are connected and record directly into your ELN document.
- Instrument files on file shares or PC hard drives are attached to ELN documents for secure storage.
- Printed instrument reports are captured using SciCord’s printer driver and stored securely in ELN.
- Custom parsing on attached files extracts data from instrument files and records the data in ELN documents for additional calculations, statistical analysis, and/or summarization.
Instrument Data Repository
- Consolidate instrument raw data and report files and eliminate the use of file shares, local PCs, and hardcopy.
- SciCord copies your raw or report instrument files to secure storage with full context.
- Workflow is facilitated by a configurable messaging system.
- Messages targeted to individual scientists, reviewers, and approvers are automatically generated at appropriate steps in the sample or document lifecycle.
- Enforce your organizations policies and compliance commitments using a comprehensive set of ELN roles and permissions.
- SciCord provides a standard set of roles predefined with permissions to implement pharmaceutical best practices.
- Organizations can configure permissions and create custom roles where needed to implement local practices.
- Views are a powerful tool designed to organize the oftentimes complex world of laboratory documentation.
- ELN users create individually customized and persisted desktops to quickly perform daily activities such as “My Documents”, “My Review”.
- TA supervisor may create a team view displaying active work. A project lead could persist a view of work requests for a project.
- A document in SciCord is synonymous with notebook or experiment.
- Each document is subject to a managed/controlled lifecycle.
- The steps of the lifecycle are defined based on the compliance required for the document content.
- Each sample is subject to a managed/controlled lifecycle.
- The steps of the lifecycle are defined based on the compliance required for the sample.
Calculations & Statistics
- SciCord ELN leverages spreadsheets to provide the basic user interface.
- Performing calculations using spreadsheet formulae is integral to the ELN solution.
- Calculations may be defined and performed in line with documenting work.
- Calculations may also be pre-defined, locked, and validated in templates to increase efficiency and compliance.
SciCord ELN is optimized to increase review efficiency by 30% over a typical hardbound notebook review process:
- Visual audit history.
- Links to resources.
- Support for multiple reviewers.
- Validated calculations.
- Intelligent Alerts.
- “Sticky” Notes.
- Controlled Workflow.